WBC #1, WBA #3 welterweight Thomas Dulorme (15-0, 12 KOs) will be facing off against Dominican Yoryi Estrella (10-7, 7 KOs) on Friday in a bout scheduled for 10-rounds at the Guillermo Angulo Coliseum in Carolina, PR. “We are ready and eager to fight this Friday,” said Dulorme, the undefeated fighter, who is promoted Universal Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and DiBella Entertainment Dulorme. “Yoryi Estrella is a great strong fighter and I hope we bring a toe to toe action packed fight, because the fans are paying for the tickets.”
In his short professional career, Dulorme already has notable wins under his belt over former world champion DeMarcus Corley and world class contender, Charlie Navarro, who both fell to the Puerto Rican by unanimous decision.
Estrella went the distance in an exciting fight in his next to last encounter against current IBF Champion Randall Bailey, who defeated Mike Jones by knock out in his last fight. “This will be a war because I come to fight and win and this victory is for the Dominican Republic” said a confident Yoryi Estrella.
Also, local fighter from Cidra, PR, José “Sniper” Pedraza (9-0, 6 KOs) will clash against José Valderrama (4-1, 2 KOs) in the co-feature fight scheduled for 8-rounds in the super featherweight division (130lbs).
“I know that Valderrama is well prepared,” said Pedraza, who is promoted by Universal Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and DiBella Entertainment. “This will be an interesting fight because despite of his record, he is a quality fighter.”
Pedraza is the current World Boxing Council Juvenile Champion at 130 pounds. This past June, he defeated Carlos “Special Edition” Claudio by a landslide unanimous decision at the Mario ‘Quijote’ Moráles Coliseum in Guaynabo, PR.
“On August 31, we are ready to remove the undefeated record of Pedraza and we are prepared physically and mentally for that,” said Valderrama. “I know I will be victorious on Friday.”
Valderrama’s only loss was a close one against local fighter, Kelvin Galarza last year in Ponce, PR.
There will be a puncher’s duel at the super welterweight division (154lbs), when local fighter from Vega Baja,PR, Jorge “Destroyer” Meléndez ( 23-2, 22 KO ) faces off against Colombian Milton Nuñez ( 24-4, 22 KO ). The fight is scheduled for 10-rounds and is for the Interim Latin title of the WBO that belongs to Meléndez.
“Milton is a strong opponent. Once he feels my hands, the fight will be over, so I’m eager to fight” said Melendez.
Others fighting on the undercard include, Luis Rodríguez (1-0, 1 KO – 140lbs) vs. Luis Ortíz (0-1), Victor Pérez vs. Usiel Vélez (1-0, 1 KO), debutants Emmanuel De Jesús (154lbs) vs. Xavier Lazaye, Miguel Marrero (5-0, 2 KOs – 130lbs) vs. Pedro Hernandez (6-6-1, 1 KO), Carlos “Kid” Narváez (4-0, 4 KOs – 118lbs ) vs. José Torres (2-1), Emanuel ‘Manny’ Rodríguez (2-0, 2 KOs – 118lbs ) vs. Luis Ortíz (2-12) and Efraín ‘Macho’ Santiago (debutant 135lbs) vs. Nelson Agosto (0-2).