Here are five things you may not know about middleweight John Duddy who was born and raised in Derry, Ireland:
1) He taught himself to play guitar. During training camp, he plays guitar late at night.
2) His favorite performers include Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson.
3) John went to Kristofferson’s sold-out concert in Derry, Ireland was three years ago. “Couldn’t believe he was singing in my hometown,” said John.
4) John recently began performing as a singer at small clubs in New York City. “Just getting on stage, singing a song or two, having some fun,” he said.
5) One of his favorite authors is Jon Krakauer who wrote the non-fiction best-seller ‘Into Thin Air.’ “I’ve read three of his books, liked them all,” John said.