The Florida Boxing Hall of Fame has announced an annual scholarship award in a name of Don Hazelton, who passed away last September at the age of 83.
Below is the official announcement:
We are pleased to offer this award for advanced education to one of our young people in the State of Florida. We are certain that Mr. Don Hazelton’s spirit, as a former football coach, and believer in young men and women’s future with education, will be honored by this annual FBHOF financial support effort. Mr. Hazelton’s leadership and vision, as a boxing administrator in Florida, will live on through this excellent gift for learning and support of our youth. Mr. Hazelton left a legacy of learning, teaching and coaching for all to emulate as we move forward in our lives. May his memories and hard labor be forever rewarded by this annual award by the Florida Boxing Hall of Fame.
The recipient will be awarded a $1000.00 stipend, to be used for advanced education, based on the following criteria:
1. The person must be a Florida resident.
2. Be involved in the sport of boxing.
3. A solid B average at his or her school.
4. Community service involvement, achievements, honors.
5. Part time jobs while in school.
6. Two letters of character reference.
7. Short essay, 500 words or less, on why you should be considered for this award incorporating your involvement in boxing.
Personal Information: Last name, First name
Address: City, State, Zip
High School name, city, state, year graduated: GPA:
College name: city, state, hours completed: GPA:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS APRIL 30, 2013
AWARD WILL BE GIVEN OUT DURING THE CLASS OF 2013 INDUCTION WEEKEND DINNER JUNE 22, 2013
SUBMIT TO: FLORIDA BOXING HALL OF FAME, INC, P.O. BOX 262636, TAMPA,