Boxing news, results, rankings, schedule and more. Boxing News -- 24 hours/day - Reload often! | UPDATED TODAY
editor@fightnews.com Continuously updated all day, every day!
var ord = window.ord || Math.floor(Math.random() * 1e16); document.write('
Home Boxing Schedule Boxing Rankings Boxing Results Fightnews Team



Boxing News

Huck vs. Arslan II kick-off press conference

Photo: Photo Wende

There is some unfinished business between Marco Huck (36-2-1, 25 KOs) and Firat Arslan (33-6-2, 21 KOs). On November 3 of last year the two fighters squared off at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle/Westphalia, Germany, for the WBO cruiserweight world championship. Back then Huck won a close decision on points. However, Arslan saw himself ahead after the full twelve rounds.

“In our mind, this battle is a question of honor,” said Chris Meyer, Managing Director of Sauerland Event during Thursday’s press conference. “Both boxers saw themselves as the winner. But there is an easy way to end this debate, a rematch. That way Huck as well as Arslan now have the opportunity to prove who deserves to be called world champion.”

Although the cruiserweight fight of the year got a bit feisty at times, champion and challenger never forgot their sportsmanship. “Last year I underestimated Firat. That won’t happen again,” said the 28-year-old. “I did prove my worth against Afolabi just a few weeks ago. Whenever I train hard and give it my all, no cruiserweight can stop me. I am aiming to prove that once again on September 14.” Huck also believes that it won’t turn out to be a disadvantage for him, that the second fight will be close to the challenger´s home. “I have always said that I will take on anybody, anytime, anywhere. Others would have probably waited longer to face Arslan again. But I wanted to get it on as soon as possible, so that this topic is over and done with.”

And the 42-year-old Arslan, who in boxing terms isn’t they youngest anymore, is happy to have another opportunity to win a world championship. “I am very excited that we will be fighting in Stuttgart,” said the former WBA Champion. “However, that wasn’t my decision. I would have fought him anywhere in the world. In my eyes it is more important that I got another title shot.” The former champion is convinced that this time round he will leave the ring victories. “If I perform as well as I did last time, and the judges are open-minded, I will take the WBO Belt back home with me.”




    For all the latest boxing news, click here.








    All contents copyright 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 by Freitag Marketing Services, LLC.
    The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.