By Francisco Salazar
Unbeaten lightweight Luis Ramos Jr. will return to the ring on September 8th, manager Frank Espinoza told Fightnews.com on Wednesday afternoon. Ramos will fight in the 10 round main event at the Hangar at the Orange County Fair and Event Center in Costa Mesa, CA. The card, which will be promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, in association with Roy Englebrecht Promotions, will be televised on Fox Sports and Fox Sports Deportes.
No word yet on an opponent for Ramos. Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Robert Diaz told Fightnews.com Monday morning that original opponent Dominic Salcido backed out of the fight in the last couple of days.
Salcido lost a 10 round unanimous decision to Omar Figueroa last month.
“We hope to finalize an opponent for Luis in the next day or two,” said Diaz.
In his last bout on April 21st, Ramos (22-0, 9 KOs) won a one-sided 10 round unanimous decision over former world title challenger Daniel Attah. Ramos, who hails from nearby Santa Ana, dropped Attah in the third round.
Earlier this year on January 6th, Ramos won a close 10 round unanimous decision over Ray Beltran; a competitive bout that had ringside media split on whom won the fight.
Tickets for the special edition of “Fight Club OC” are priced at $50 and $35 and could purchased at fightcluboc.com