The cast of “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights” was revealed today at the first-ever UFC Fan Expo. In what will literally be the biggest season ever of “The Ultimate Fighter” on Spike TV, the 10th season of the groundbreaking series, premiering Wednesday, September 16 at 10:00 pm, will showcase 16 of the best unsigned heavyweight mixed martial arts fighters in the world. Featuring former UFC light heavyweight champions “Suga” Rashad Evans and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson as coaches, season 10 marks the only installment to include only the heavyweight weight class (206+ lbs).
“The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights” includes a list of notable athletes with impressive and diverse pedigrees including four former NFL players, UFC veterans, a former IFL heavyweight champ, and a highly-publicized former EliteXC fighter who gained prominence through his non-sanctioned bouts on YouTube.
The cast includes:
- Zak Jensen – standout wrestler at Augsburg College
- Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
- James McSweeney – former international kickboxing and Muay Thai champion
- John Madsen – defeated Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match
- Matt Mitrione – played for New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
- Roy Nelson – former IFL Heavyweight Champion
- Demico Rogers – high school football and wrestling star
- Brendan Schaub – played for Buffalo Bills and Arena Football’s Utah Blaze
- Darrill Schoonover – decorated Army veteran
- Wes Shivers – former member of the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons
- Wes Sims – fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
- Kimbo Slice – former EliteXC heavyweight contender and YouTube sensation
- Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
- Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas
- Justin Wren – All-American high school wrestler
During the six-week taping of “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights,” these 16 men endured a grueling regimen of jiu-jitsu, judo, Muay Thai, karate, boxing and wrestling. The intense competition among the fighters continues after they leave the gym – at the Ultimate Fighter House. These warriors must live together, knowing that any day they might be forced to fight each other in the famed UFC OctagonTM.
The two finalists will square off in a live finale Saturday, December 5 on Spike TV, when the winner will be declared “The Ultimate Fighter” and net the six-figure contract and a cash prize. UFC President Dana White will once again serve as host of the series.
After each show, Spike.com users will get exclusive extended footage from each episode and an exclusive video leak of the upcoming episode.